So sorry for no posts for the last few weeks! I promised you an update on my adventures in homemade deoderant after a week and well, I've posted nothing at all! Why?!! I hear you all ask... Well my beautiful offspring managed to break my internet dongle 2 hours into the half term holidays, 2 HOURS!!! Kids hey?! Well I was faced with a bill of £70 for a new one off Orange so I said 'Knickers' to them and got myself a pay as you go dongle for £20.
Anyway, I'm back now so I'll let you know how that deodorant experiment went. I have to say I am impressed! I certainly works so far as keeping fresh and staying dry but there are a few problems with it that I think with a bit of jiggery pokery with the recipe could sort it out.
Firstly it goes on a little clumpily, and therefore flakes onto clothing. It brushes off easily though and doesn't stain like shop deo's on black tops but it could do with being a tad smoother. Maybe it's because I used potato starch instead of corn starch?
Secondly, and this is a problem not everyone will come up against but anyone who suffers with a tendancy to get yeast infections easily, like me (I'm embarrassed to say) may find their pits getting a little red and itchy after a few days use. I had been warned of this problem by the web site I got the recipe from and a qiuck application of cannisten cream knocked that on the head.
So all in all I think it has been very successful and I will continue to mess about with scents and oils and starch to come up with a recipe that's suits me best. I would say this deo wouldn't be to everyones taste but if you are feeling adventurous I would hartily recomend giving it a try.
No piccies today sorry, but as I have lots to catch up with and tell you about, you can be sure that the next post will be full of them!